Our services provide a wealth of content for your social media channels however that's only a tool in the toolbox to devising a successful social media marketing strategy. Effective social media marketing is also, in part, about understanding how people discover your content on social media such as Facebook or Twitter. This article offers links to official resources that you may find helpful to better understand how your accounts work, and how you can maximize the benefit from them. Towards the end of this article, you will also find some articles authored by our staff on getting started with these social media platforms.
First, let's understand some key terminology that will pop-up in this article.
Reach refers to how the size of the audience you are likely to have for a piece of content. So, in the context of a tweet on Twitter, or a post on your Facebook page - what does this mean? Simply put, it's the potential number of people who could see that post when they load Facebook or Twitter. You can learn more about how reach works on each platform through some of the resources we link to below.
The simplest way to define engagement is to see it as a measurement of people interacting with your content. This includes, clicking links on the content, sharing the content, commenting on the content, etc. It varies per platform, and some of the links below will have resources explaining that.
Please note these resources are provided as-is and are not maintained or updated by the team at Elm Street Technology.
Official Resources by Platform
- Facebook Business Portal
- This is the resource for managing your business on Facebook. You can learn about using ads, how your Facebook page works, and find more tools and resources such as success stories.
- Twitter Ads Portal
- Much like Facebook, you are able to pay to increase the reach of your posts on Twitter. These are called sponsored posts. Twitter's Ads portal is the place to go to learn all about this and to create and manage ads.
- Twitter Analytics Portal
- If you want to gain insight into how your tweets are doing, Twitter offers a free service that lets you see analytics data for all of your tweets, including reach and engagement.
- Youtube's Help Youtube Channel
- YouTube has a channel dedicated to videos explaining how YouTube works - with video guides and more.
- LinkedIn Support
- This is the LinkedIn support page, with information on account issues, profile management, and more.
Maybe you just need some help getting started with posting on these platforms? We have some articles that can help with that, as well:
- Sharing a Facebook Post on Your Personal Page
- Sharing Your Business Page on Your Personal Page
- Sharing Your Business Page With Your Friends