If you want to boost listings through Facebook’s Ads service, it is important to note that Facebook must confirm that the post aligns with federal regulations for anti-discrimination laws.
Your post may be rejected as a paid ad if you haven't accepted Facebook's Business Terms of Service.
- This Facebook article explains the rules and explains the general process for accepting the terms of service: https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2017/02/improving-enforcement-and-promoting-diversity-updates-to-ads-policies-and-tools/.
Here is a high-level recap:
- When boosting a post you must certify that your post complies with anti-discrimination laws.
- Facebook will show a red message box warning you that you need to do this.
- Click Certify Compliance to review the Compliance terms.
- If you agree, check the box and left-click Accept. If you do not agree you cannot post an ad.
- Your ads must meet Facebook's multicultural affinity segment requirements. If Facebook does not agree that you meet the stated requirements, you have the opportunity to appeal or receive more information.
- When boosting a post, select the Special Ad Category of Housing with a range of at least 15 miles.
For more information and platform-specific troubleshooting, visit Facebook here: Facebook Advertising Policies