Accessing the Site Editor
In order to Update the Navigation On Your Site, you will need to access your Site Editor. This is done by clicking 'Edit My Site' (or for a team site, it would be Edit -your team name here-...) on the panel that's on the left side of your screen as seen in the figure below. Please note that you must be signed in to your Elevate account to access these options.
The top of your screen should now read 'Welcome To The Site Editor,' which indicates you're in the right place. On the left hand panel, select the option titled 'Navigation' since we are going to be configuring your navigation bar.
Reordering Your Navigation Menu
To change the order that your navigation tabs appear in, simply click, drag, and drop the modular buttons on the left side of each tab to the desired order as seen in the figure below.
Editing an Existing Navigation Link
To edit the label or associated link with a navigation tab, you can click on the grey `Pencil` icon on the far right side of each tab. This will open a drop down menu, which you can see an example of below.
Prior to editing these fields, please make sure to review what they are for:
- Label: This field refers to the title of your navigation elements on the Site Editor.
- Short Label: This is the full navigation label that will appear on your actual website.
- Link: Here you will place the URL or web address of the page you would like this navigation link to lead to. This can include other websites, blogs, YouTube videos, or even PDF files.
- Open In New Tab: You will always want this selected if the link is going to a web address that is not directly connected with your Elevate product. This way, the user will remain on your main website while also being able to explore your navigation links which go off-site.
- Delete: If you want to remove a navigation link, you will need to click this button.
- Add Subpage: Clicking this will open a window on the top right of the page, where you will fill in the same fields shown above.
- Adding a subpage will cause a navigation drop down menu on your site. For example, you can have the main Navigation link be "My Listings". When a client clicks this, a drop down menu will populate and the subpage options will be shown (such as "For Sale," "For Rent," and "Sold.")
Adding a New Navigation Link
If you're looking to create a custom link on your site, simply click the 'Add Link' button located right above your list of navigation links as seen in the short video below.
You will need to enter in the desired URL and Labels for the page, and click 'Add Page' to finalize your new link. You can refer to the section on 'Editing Your Navigation Links' to review what each field is for. Note: There is a shared maximum character limit for navigation links, so keeping things simple and short is best.
Be sure to click the red 'Save Changes' button at the top of your screen to save any changes you've made!
That's all there is to it! If you still have more questions, be sure to peruse our other articles and videos. If you still don't find an answer don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We're here to help!