Follow these steps to set up an auto-responder:
1. Click the Email tab on the sidebar and then click Auto-Responders. On the Auto-Responders page, click the blue New Auto-Responder button.
2. Activate & Draft - These tabs allow you to activate (start) the auto-responder, or pause it by moving it into your auto responder drafts.
3. Title the Auto-responder – This is how the auto-responder will display on your Auto-Responder page, as well as in your auto-responder reports. Try to title it in a way that the purpose will be easily understood (e.g. “3 days after sign up”, “7 days after move in”).
4. Enter the email subject – This is the subject line for the email that will be sent for that auto-responder.
5. Reply-To Name and Email Address - This is the information your recipients will see when they receive the email. The email will be from the Reply-To Name, and if they reply it will be sent to the Reply-To address.
6. Email Template – Choose which template you would like to use as the autoresponder. This is where an easy name, and the email content, are very important. You will need to create your email template and save it (as a template) BEFORE creating your auto-responder. if you need to do that now, click to save this auto-responder as a draft and come back to it later.
7. Does This Email Run Annually – You can choose to have the email sent as an annual email. This is more beneficial for things like birthdays or anniversary dates.
8. When should this Auto-Responder send? – This is the trigger that eMerge will use to determine if a contact will be sent the auto-responder.
- Specific Date Field: Using a date field like Sign-Up or adding a custom one (e.g. Birthdate). These fields can be added to a contact’s information using the Additional Fields option (Click Here to watch a video on creating Additional Fields).
- Specific Day of the Month: You may also choose a specific day of the month to send the autoresponder. The auto responder will run every month on the date selected to whatever contacts it is set to be sent to.
- When Contact Is: The final option is to choose when a contact is added or removed from a specific list to trigger the auto responder. For example, adding a contact to a "New Leads" list could trigger an introduction email auto-responder.
5. Should This Auto-Responder Send Immediately – You may also choose to send the autoresponder out on the very day that it is triggered. If a date field is being used, you can also send it out up to 30 days before or after the date in that date field.
6. Should This Auto-Responder ONLY Be Sent to Specific Groups, Email Lists, or Saved Searched? – If you would like, you can choose a specific saved search to have the auto-responder target. This is useful if you are sending the email out every month or if you are targeting contacts that have taken a very specific action like opening an email or clicking on a link inside of an email.
Saving - To save the auto-responder you can select to Save As Draft, which will pause the auto-responder so you can come back and work on it later. Or choose to Activate Auto-Responder, which will turn on the auto-responder so it is live.
- If you still have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.