Social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter are constantly going through changes and updates, which is good! Sometimes these changes can play tricks on third-party apps. The most common problem is that your account will become disconnected from that third-party app. Sometimes it will disconnect just because you changed your password. When that happens it's a good idea to get it reconnected as soon as possible so you get to take full advantage of all of your awesome content!
Why Is It Important? No matter what you use to post content, your ability to do so is only as good as your connection to the social channel itself. You want your content to reach your audience, plain and simple. And whether that's with the ability to automate content, or create and schedule your own messaging inside of eMerge, having your social channels connected is the best way to ensure your message gets out to all of your fans! That's why it's always important to monitor your channels regularly to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Steps to reconnect social media accounts:
1. Click the Connections in your main menu
2. Click Available Connections on the drop down menu.
3. The social media tab will be open, simply click Connect button next to the channel you wish to connect
4. If a channel has become disconnected, there will be a red Reconnect button to the right.
5. Follow the prompts in the pop-up window to connect / reconnect your account.