You may have noticed that sometimes when you send out an email an address or phone number you put into the email turns into a link when it arrives in your inbox. Don't worry, your email isn't broken, this is a feature of many inboxes now to identify addresses and phone numbers and link them so that if you click on one it will open the corresponding app / program for you (e.g. Google Maps for an address, Skype or your phone app for a phone number).
However, you may not like this happening in your email. Unfortunately it's not a setting ISPs like eMerge can control, it's dependent on the settings of the inbox the email arrives in, however there is one way to prevent your addresses from showing up with that default blue link color. Turn it into a link! I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but trust me it works. Here's how you do it.
For this example we are adding the listing, 123 Drury Ln. Images & details are already in the email (including address), and it is linked it to the listing on you're website or MLS.
1. In the text editor that has the listing address in it, highlight the whole address & click the button to turn it into a link. Then paste in the link to the listing on your website or MLS. Once you have added the link you will see the address is underlined & blue.
2. Having turned it into a link, next look for a small, down arrow right above the text editor on the right. Once you click it this, select Source from the addition options that show up.
3. The link will look like the example below:
<a href="http://www.myMLS_example.com/idx/mls-1817672-123_Drury_Lane_Anywhere_LA_70433"> 123 Drury Ln. Anywhere, LA 70433 </a>
In this example, we want to style this new link to look the way we want it to, to that we will click our mouse between the 70433" and the > , and click the Space bar a few times.
We will insert the line style="text-decoration:none"
Feel free to copy and paste that if you want, but it should look like this (box added for visual aid).
So the link code should read
<a href="http://www.myMLS_example.com/idx/mls-1817672-123_Drury_Lane_Anywhere_LA_70433" style="text-decoration:none" > 123 Drury Ln. Anywhere, LA 70433 </a>
4. Next, click the Source button again to return to the normal view. You will see the address no longer has the line under it.
5. Lastly, change the text color to whatever you wish by highlighting the address & clicking the A button in the editor, then selecting the color you want.
Now that your address has already been turned into a link that will go directly to your listing, no inbox will be able to turn it a different color or stick the underline below it because you have already styled it!
- If you still have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.