The “Advanced Link Options” allows users to set special triggers for when someone clicks on a certain link. “Advanced Link Options” can be accessed under each email report.
1. Click on the “Reporting” tab on the sidebar and then click “Emails” on the dropdown menu.
2. Click the “View Report” button for the email the user wants to set up triggers for.
3. Click “Advanced Link Options” at the bottom of the report and select the link that needs to be edited.
4. There are four actions that each link can perform:
a. Link Name: Shorten the name of long URLs by renaming it something simple (Ex. A long listing link can be renamed “New Listing”).
b. Notify By Email On Click: There are three options for link notifications,
i. “Do Not Notify”: User will not receive any notifications for this link’s clicks.
ii. “One Each Click”: User will receive a notification email each time the link is clicked.
iii. “Daily Summary”: User will receive a summary email at the end of each day with a list of contacts that clicked the link.
c. Add Recipient To List On Click: This option allows users to add contacts that click the link to an existing or new list.
d. Populate Date Field On Click: This option will populate a date field with the date that the contact clicks the link.
The last two options are great for triggering auto-responders and drip campaigns set up inside of the eMerge account.
- If you still have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.