This is a very important step because the template & messaging you create will be designated for your autoresponder until you turn it off or change the content. Your template can be built from scratch, or one provided by eMerge, but the content will be your own. You can create as many, or as few templates as you would like, but for simplicity's sake, you will want to name them in such a way that they are easy to recognize by title. Also, if you are creating multiple versions of a single template, simply click "Save As Template" on the email & rename it to create a copy of the template.
Creating an autoresponder template:
1. Begin by creating the template(s) you will need for the autoresponder. You can simply create a copy of a template you currently use, create one from scratch, or select one from your Themes & Templates library.
2. Once the template is chosen, place the message / content into the template that you want to be sent out for that auto-responder. It helps to label the templates in such a way that their purpose is easily identified by name (i.e. "Welcome Email auto responder template").
Two extremely important things to remember:
1. Auto-responders created by you are 100% your content, don't assume the platform is placing content into an email for you if it is not part of an eMerge automated campaigns like Consumer Touch, Agent Recruitment, or Agent Outreach.
2. In order for an email to be used for an auto-responder, it MUST be saved as an email template in your Saved Templates. Also, whatever changes you make to it will be reflected whenever it is sent out.
- If you still have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.