Drip campaigns (a series of auto-responder) can be used for lots of marketing strategies and have been proven time and again to be a very effective marketing tool. How an auto-responder is set up will vary depending on things like their "triggers," the messaging and the target audience. To help you understand the process, we will show you how to set up a drip campaign by creating a simple 1-3-7-14-28 day campaign..
Follow these steps to set up a drip campaign:
1. Create five templates by saving five versions of the template, then copying & pasting in the appropriate content for each template. Be sure to title each one so it is easily identified (e.g. Same-day, 3 days later, 7 days later, etc.)
2. Title each auto-responder like you did with the template to make it easy to identify in the list and in your reports.
3. For the first auto-responder, enter the subject for the email.
4. Select the date field, in this case we will use their Sign-Up date as our trigger.
5. Next select however many days after you would like the email to go out. For the “Same-day” template we would select “Send on selected date”, for the 3-day auto-responder we would select “3 days after”, for the 7 day auto-responder we would select “7 days after”, and so on.
6. Select the appropriate template you created for each auto-responder as you set each one up. This is where the easily-identifiable name comes in handy.
7. If designating a saved search is needed, then create or select during the last step before saving. An example of this is to target contacts who clicked on a listing link in an email you just sent out.
8. Save the auto-responder. The order in which you save them does not matter.
- If you still have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.