Creating contact forms allows users to sign up for your newsletter, a drip campaign, or for a contest. Those contacts get stored in your eMerge account, and you can have the platform do different things based on where they come from and how they answer!
Steps to creating a contact form:
1. Click Email on the "Main Menu" on the left.
2. Click Lead / Email Capture Form on the drop-down menu.
3. Insert the intro text – This is the text that will appear at the top of the form, usually telling people what the form is for or encouraging them to fill it out (e.g. “Contact Me Today”, “Fill Out This Form To Enter Our Sweepstakes,” “Sign Up For My Newsletter”, etc).
4. Enter however many questions or fields you would like to include in the form by clicking “Add Fields” and choosing your items. Email is the ONLY field that is required. You may edit fields by clicking the pencil on the right, or rearrange the items by clicking the green arrows and dragging the item to your desired area. These fields will appear in each contact's information, along with their answers.
5. Click “Advanced Settings” to set items like a forwarding URL, changing the Save Button text, and choosing an email list to add contacts to that fill out the form. You can also choose to be notified whenever someone fills it out.
6. Click “View Form” to see what the form will look like when posted. There is very limited styling included so you or your web master will need to include any styling on the page/app you choose to use it on.
7. Click “Save” to hang on to any changes you made.
8. Click “Embed” to get the HTML code that you (or whoever runs your website) can place on your website, landing page, app, etc. for displaying the form.
A couple things to note:
A form cannot be embedded into an email because email inboxes do not allow forms to function the same way as if it was embedded into a web page or app.
While these are like surveys, they do not generate reports like emails do, but you can used the Advanced Search feature to look for contacts that filled it out & also how they answered.
Please sign in to leave a comment.