As a marketing automation platform that delivers emails, we are required to enforce spam laws. Spam negatively impacts deliverability rates, and we want to make sure your emails reach their recipients. Please be sure you are adhering to the following rules.
Requirements for All eMerge Accounts
- The eMerge unsubscribe link must be in all emails.
- When importing contacts you must confirm you have not purchased the contacts, and that the contacts have agreed to receive emails from you.
- You must include your contact information inside every promotional email that you send, including a physical mailing address or PO Box where you can receive mail. (Not a website or email address.)
- You may not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- Even if you are outside the US, our servers live in the US. We have to make sure all US standards are observed.
- We require that your emails comply with the US CAN-SPAM Act.
- In addition to CAN-SPAM rules, you must comply with the anti-spam laws of the countries your recipients live in. So if you're sending to CA residents and US residents, for example, check the CA spam laws to make sure you're also CA compliant.
Speaking of Canada
Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) amends the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Telecommunications Act. It is very similar to CAN-SPAM but has some minor differences and covers all electronic messages, not just email.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please reach out to our coaching team through live chat, or the "Start a Conversation" tab.